- 40lb Cleaned Boneless Chicken Thighs*
- 1 Quart Plain Indian-Style or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Quart Masala by Marigold Authentic Ready to Use Tandoori Marinade (Slacked)
- 4ib (1 pouch) Masala by Marigold Authentic Ready to Use Makhni Sauce (Slacked)
- 5ib Cooked Tandoori Chicken (Recipe Above)
- BATCH YIELD: 144 oz. Approx.
- SERVINGS: 24 (6 oz.)
- PREP TIME: 60 min.
PREP AHEAD: TANDOORI CHICKEN
- Trim fat off of thigh meat. Place in large lexan.
- Mix all ingredients in lexan with chicken thigh meat, coat evenly.
- Let marinate overnight (ideally), or minimum of 2 hours
- Preheat Grill and or Griddle and Oven to 400 degrees.
- Grill mark (or Sear) Chicken as evenly possible on both sides.
- Place chicken on sheet trays as to not overlap meat.
- Place trays in oven and cook until internal chicken temp is 165 degrees, roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove trays from oven and let cool. Cut and portion chicken in 1to 1 ½ inch cubes.
- If not for immediate use, place in container, label and date.
BUTTER CHICKEN / CHICKEN MAKHNI
- Combine the Cooked Tandoori Chicken with the Ready to Use Makhni Sauce in a 2 Gallon Rondo Braising Pot, place on stove over medium high heat.
- When sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer ‘low and slow’ for approximately 10-15 minutes, mixing at regular intervals.
- When done, the protein will be tender but still intact (will fall apart if any pressure applied with a spoon).Assuming a steam table application, the protein will obviously continue to cook which is why we are suggesting this texture as end point of braising process.
- Transfer to Hot Bar Servings Pans, cover and hold hot or chill immediately per instructions.
*This recipe can be applied to other cuts of chicken (e.g. breast) or any protein of choice including lamb, beef, pork or tofu. Please note that cook times will have to be adjusted appropriately for the protein of your choice.